For a quick poll some proposals – what form do you prefer this course to be?
(A) Courseware: Best for combining study with high RL workload and tight RL schedules.
– asynchronous communications only, preferably to resolve technical problems or to receive evaluation of solved tasks
– referencing other students’ posts or communication with other students is optional
– tasks and projects to be tackled individually
(B) Clubhouse: Best for regular RL schedules with moderate communicative load.
– mostly asynchronous communications, some synchronous sessions for clarification and brainstorming
– regularly given tasks tackled individually, but welcoming referencing and commenting on each others ideas
– projects tackled in groups or individually, according to preferences of language and interests.
(C) Classroom: Best for connecting to other students, getting new ideas and orientations.
– regularly given tasks tackled in small groups or in cooperation by all students
– regular synchronous communications like text- audio- or video-chat, with collaborative working spaces like shared documents or mindmaps
– tasks and projects to be discussed, then tackled in small groups or the whole course.
(D) I’d like it ot be like a…
Feel free to propose something different or a mix of the above.
Pingback: Dramatis Personae | Shaping Media | Pedagogical Media Theory
Hi Way and all,
first thing: I tried to post on the dramatis personae – but the site says it is passowrd protected, I put the same password there and loggin in to this, but didn´t get anywhere, why?
I would propose a mixture of all those I guess – but I am not sure what was the time window we will do this course exactly. I am only able to attend online discussions and posting, in the evenings and more free after 17th April, before that I have many projects going on. With this course I personally would like to somehow tackle how photography, weelbeing, media developments are connected – as I have made lots of studies in psychology, social psychology, photography and art therapy, so would like to combine those somehow. When it comes to tasks I wish we will always have enought time for reply+produce, a week is quite little. Also I wish all the info + assignements would be presented in compact way, as sometimes if you start by having a huge load of text to read it is already unmotivating. Learning from videos is multisensory, more effective! So good link lists e.g. are useful.
I agree with Noora, we can combine all of them and organize in some way that when we have meetings everybody can attend and participate. I also feel that this course has lots of potential and will be very nice if we can learn from different media.
Pingback: My proposal: How to work with material and tasks | Shaping Media | Pedagogical Media Theory